Monday, March 18, 2013

He must be important; he's got the Pope driving him!


This picture reminded me of a joke that I used during my recent parish mission:

The Pope made a visit to New York City, and after all the hoopla wanted to spend some time on his own seeing the sights without his entourage. So, he rented a limo, and a driver to show him some sights.  Finally, the Pope said to the driver, "Listen, my son. I have such a structured life, and I have little time to relax. Driving has always relaxed me. Do you suppose you could find it in your heart to let me drive? In the meantime, you can sit back here and relax yourself." The driver agreed, the Pope took the wheel and the driver sat in the back.  

The driver could quickly tell the Pope hadn’t driven in some time though because very quickly they were whizzing down city streets and even flying through the traffic lights.  It didn’t take long before they heard sirens and saw flashing lights coming up behind them.  The Pope pulled over and the officer approached looking in only to see the Holy Father behind the wheel.  

Astonished, the policeman says, "Umm, please just wait here a minute, Your Holiness." The officer runs back to his patrol car and radios in. Nervously, he says to the dispatcher: "I've got a bit of a problem here. I just pulled over someone really important and I don't know what to do." The dispatcher responds: "Did you pull over the Mayor?" The Officer says, "No, bigger." "The Governor?" The officer, even  more nervously: "Bigger. Much, much bigger." The dispatcher says, "Oh no. Don't tell me you pulled over the President?" The officer says, "No, Even bigger.” 

The dispatcher can’t figure it out and says, "Who’s bigger than the President?" Panicked now, the cop says: “I sure don't know, but this guy's really important! He's got the Pope driving him!”

1 comment: