Thursday, January 10, 2008

Adoration

I'm currently reading an article in Worship magazine about the history of Eucharistic Adoration on the evening of Holy Thursday. Sometimes the most wonderful insights can be found in the footnotes. I just wanted to share this one footnote with you about the connection between Adoration the the celebration of the Mass:

"Adoration of Christ in the Blessed Sacrament outside of Mass can best be conceived of as a meditative contemplation on what is too difficult to grasp and digest all at once during Mass. In prayer before the Blessed Sacrament I am continuing in quiet reflection my communion with Christ from Mass, and I am preparing for the next communion."

- Jeremy Driscoll, OSB, "Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament"

1 comment:

  1. I think that's very well said. Though it's true that in the Mass we adore and receive...'My God and my All'...nevertheless, the constriction of time can leave us to yearn for 'more', even though there is no 'more'. Praise God that he 'gives' us his Son to be 'received' in Adoration of the Blesssed Sacrament. Peace and all good.

    ReplyDelete